Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!!

I love this holiday. I"m not the most "patriotic" person, but it is the quintessential summer day. Everyone was lining the streets for the parade that falls immediately after the road race, and families are holding their hoses in an arc to refresh all the runners as they pass. Such a fun race!!

This was my second time running, and I was able to beat last years time by 5 minutes!! I went out to watch the fireworks and celebrate with friends last night, and didn't get home until about 1:45. Despite my four hours of sleep, I finished at 42:33, just 2 minutes after my triathlon-mom, which is pretty exciting! By far, the highlight every year is seeing these crazies in full flag suits.. I can't even imagine how HOT they must be during the race, but it sure is entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment